Information Collected through the Service.
- Information You Directly and Voluntarily Provide to Us.If you are a visitor to the Service, we may collect Personal Information that you provide to us when you communicate with any of our departments. “Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact you as a natural person, as well as other information about you that we tie to Personal Information. Personal Information that we collect includes, but is not limited to, the following types of information:
- "Contact Information" that allows us to identify and communicate with you, such as your name, phone number, address, and email.
- "Transactional Information" about how you interact with us, our representatives and business partners, including purchases, services you request, customer service inquiries, and customer account information.
- "Financial Account Information" as needed to complete your donations, contributions or purchases, such as credit card information, bank account information, and information about financing activities.
“Non-Personal Information” is any information that does not does not identify a natural person and is not identifiable to a natural person, such as:
- Cookies and other tools used in a non-identifiable way;
- Anonymized information;
- Aggregated information; and
- Information about your business operations, including, but not limited to:
- Operation-specific data, such as location data, when kept in a non-identifiable way; and
- The name, form, and contact details of legal persons.
In addition to the methods described above, Personal Information and Non-Personal Information may be collected by the Company from its authorized representatives as part of its standard business operations, to provide services to the authorized representatives, and as otherwise agreed pursuant to agreements between the Company and such authorized representatives.
When data is described as “anonymized,” it means that the data is no longer associated with a particular person. When data is described as “aggregated,” it means that such information has been combined with other data in such a way that no person can be identified or linked to any specific action or information.
Personal Information collected through www.whatsmytax.org and via use of the Tax Calculator function (including age, geographic location, income, home, and financial information, monthly expense amounts, or tax and spending estimates) is not retained by the Company. With regard to www.whatsmytax.org, the Company may retain only Contact Information, as defined above and no other category of Personal Information is retained and is not associated with other Personal Information (such as e-mail) obtained through www.whatsmytax.org.
- Information Automatically Collected Through the Service. We may automatically collect Non-Personal Information about you when you use the Service. For example, if you access the Service through a computer, we will automatically collect Non-Personal Information such as your browser type and version, computer and connection information, IP address and standard web log information. If you access the Service through a mobile device, we may also be able to identify the location of your mobile device. You may choose not to share your location details with us by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
We may automatically collect Non-Personal Information from you when you use the Service using “cookies” and other similar technologies, such as web beacons. Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored within your computer’s Internet browser and that are accessed and recorded by the websites that you visit so that they can recognize the same browser navigating online at a later time. Non-Personal Information that may be collected by cookies when you use the Service may include, without limitation:
- the pages you visit within the Service;
- the date and time of your visit to the Service;
- the amount of time you spend using the Service;
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; and/or
- your computer and connection information such as your browser type and version, operating system and platform.
You can set your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie. However, if you disable cookies you may not be able to use certain features of the Service. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Information You Share on Third Party Websites or through Social Media Services. The Service may include links to third party websites and social media services where you will be able to post comments, stories, reviews or other information. Your use of these third-party websites and social media services may result in the collection or sharing of Personal and/or Non-Personal Information about you by these third-party websites and social media services. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the third-party websites and social media services with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those third-party websites and social media services.
- Information You Post on the Service. If you post information on public areas of the Service, that information may be collected and used by the Company, other users of the Service, and the public generally. We strongly recommend that you do not post any information through the Service that allows strangers to identify or locate you or that you otherwise do not want to share with the public.
How We Use the Information We Collect.
- To Complete Orders and Provide Requested Services. To fulfill orders for services, and for other services or purposes as you may request or direct, such as service delivery.
- Product and Customer Support. To provide support services, to deliver upgrades and service improvement communications.
- Marketing and Surveys. To communicate offers for products, building content, and services from the Company or its partners, including offers based on your personal and business characteristics and your location; to administer surveys, polls, and other promotional events; and to provide other information which may be of interest to you, such as company news, announcements, reminders, and technical bulletins. Please contact us if you would not like to be contacted by the Company for marketing purposes without being asked. We will provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of marketing information or market research inquiries. We will obtain consent before sending you marketing information if required by applicable law.
- General Business Purposes. To provide and accomplish standard business tasks, such as donation payment processing, financial account management, contract management, website administration, order or contract fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance.
- As Disclosed at the Time of Collection. In any other manner that we may describe when you provide the information to us.
These Purposes may be necessary for the Company to perform a contract to which you are a party, comply with a legal obligation to which the Company is subject, protect the Company’s vital interests or the interests of another natural person, or otherwise pursue the Company’s legitimate business purposes and objectives. We may obtain your consent to process your Personal Information, as necessary.
Because Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may use and disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information. If we combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
In addition, we reserves the right to use anonymized and aggregated Personal Information to improve its products and services, to create and publish reports, to conduct statistical analysis about our customers and products, and for other activities that do not result in the disclosure of your identifiable information.
- Online Advertising; Tracking. The Company and third-party businesses may use the Non-Personal Information collected through the Service using cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies to help manage online advertising programs. This Non-Personal Information may enable us, as well as third-party advertising services and other third-party businesses to track the actions of users online over time and across different web sites or platforms to measure statistics relating to marketing efforts, and to deliver electronic advertisements that may be more relevant to individual consumers and that will improve the consumer experience. For information about how tracking works for online advertising purposes, and what happens when you elect a do-not-track option, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices. In addition, some third-party businesses may provide a mechanism to opt-out of their technology. For more information about the opt-out process, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative website, available at: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
How We Share Your Information with Third Parties. The Company shares your information with third parties in some circumstances, as follows:
- Employees, Third-Party Processors and Third-Party Service Providers. We will disclose your information to our employees, contractors, affiliates, distributors, vendors, suppliers and other service providers (“Service Providers”) who provide certain services to us or on our behalf, such as operating and supporting the Service, analyzing data, or performing marketing or consulting services. These Service Providers will only have access to the information needed to perform these limited functions on our behalf. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to treat your information and data with the same level of protection that we do and to only use it in accordance with our instructions.
- Response to Subpoenas or Court Orders or to Protect Rights and to Comply with Our Policies. To the extent permitted by law, we will disclose your information to government authorities or third parties if: (i) required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order; (ii) we believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud, to protect the property or other rights of us or other users, third parties or the public at large; or (iii) we believe that you have abused the Service by using it to attack other systems or to gain unauthorized access to any other system, to engage in spamming or otherwise to violate applicable laws. You should be aware that, following disclosure to any third party, your information may be accessible by others to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
- Aggregate Information. As noted above, we reserve the right to use and disclose anonymized and aggregated Personal Information to improve its products and services, to create and publish reports, to conduct statistical analysis about our customers and products, and for other activities that do not result in the disclosure of your identifiable information.
- Our Affiliates. We may share some or all of your information with our parent company, subsidiaries and corporate affiliates, joint venturers, or other companies under common control with us. We may permit these entities to use your information for their own marketing purposes.
- Third Party Marketing Partners. We may, from time to time, share the information you provide to us with selected third-party marketing partners that we collaborate with in connection with surveys or promotions, or that we otherwise believe offer products or services that may be of interest to you.
How Long Will We Keep Your Information? We keep different kinds of personal data for different lengths of time, depending on the Purposes for which they are processed and the unique circumstances of your situation. We will hold your Personal Information as long as necessary for the relevant Purpose.
Your Choices and Data Control. You can limit the information you provide to us. You can also limit the communications that we send to you. You may opt-out of receiving future marketing emails by clicking "unsubscribe" at the bottom of marketing emails we send you. Alternatively, you may communicate your choice to the relevant privacy contact at email@example.com.
If you would like us to stop providing your information to our affiliates for their own marketing purposes, you may opt-out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that even if you opt-out of receiving marketing material, we may still need to contact you with important Transactional Information about your account or your products. For example, even if you opt-out of marketing emails, we will still send you a confirmation when you provide a donation.
You can manage cookie preferences and opt-out of having cookies and other similar collection technologies used by adjusting the settings on your browser or interface, commonly known as “Do Not Track” settings. All browsers and interfaces are different, so visit the "help" section of your browser or interface to learn about cookie preferences and other privacy settings that may be available. You can manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share location information with us, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings. Your browser may allow you to adjust your browser settings so that “do not track” requests are sent to the websites that you visit. However, the Company will not disable tracking technology that may be active on the Service in response to any “do not track” requests that we receive from your browser.
We comply with applicable law regarding your ability to access, correct, and delete your Personal Information. If you have an online account, you may be able to log into your account to access and update certain information you provided to us. For Personal Information that is not linked to an online account, for assisting in opting-out of communications, or if you need assistance updating or deleting your Personal Information, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
Children Under Age 13. The Service is not intended for children under age 13. We do not knowingly collect or distribute personal information from or about children under the age of 13. If you believe that your child is using our websites, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can investigate and delete any inappropriate information.
Security. We implement industry standard security measures intended to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, the Company cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Service and you do so at your own risk.
Use of Information Outside Your Country of Residence. The Service is intended for users located in the United States. Our websites are not intended for natural persons residing in the EU. If you are a natural person residing in the EU and at any time you believe we have violated one of your rights under Articles 15 to 21 of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), or if you believe we are in violation of one or more of the provisions of the GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a Data Protection Authority. More information about the Data Protection Authorities can be found at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/what-are-data-protection-authorities-dpas_en.
9295 Bishop Drive
West Des Moines, IA 50266